Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Opacity





I spent a lot of my time on this piece.  I used every bit of class time to finish it and make it look good.  I think the way I positioned the marshmallows and chocolate and graham crackers shows a story.  I think that the ingredients being placed on a table was a good choice.  I used a purple to show the shadows in the marshmallows so I didn't have to use black and for the reflection on the Hershey bar I used a blue color.  I tried using colors that I didn't necessarily see in the picture I was drawing.  For the two Hershey pieces at the bottom I used a pink color instead of straight brown and I think the colors really bring this together.  The shadows on the table made by the marshmallows and the pieces of Hershey chocolate really help the drawing look more realistic.  The dark color I used in the background helped make the table and ingredients stand out.
I used prisma color and if I hadn't used them before I don't think this drawing would have turned out how it did.  When you use prisma you can't just go at it.  You have to layer colors and take your time.  I think the fact that I didn't rush and I used all my time instead of procrastinating made this piece a success.  A problem I had while drawing was making the marshmallows inside the bag, LOOK like they were inside the bag.  I ended up using a gray color for the marshmallows inside to show the bag was see through.  It was also difficult trying to draw the proportions right, but I think I did a pretty good job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment