Monday, March 21, 2016

Chocolate Progression

Here is my progression project.  I used a piece of chocolate candy and slowly unwrapped it and then ate a bite at the end.  Value in this project is what gives it its shape and make it look like a wrapper.  I think I did a pretty good job with the wrapper and showing the little bends in it that make it look like one.  That's why it was important to have clean crisp edges in my wrapper. I had trouble in the beginning figuring out where the dark values needed to be because I had to imagine where they would be instead of seeing it since the chocolate is so dark as it is.  While I was doing the project I couldn't really see the progression but now looking back at it, I can see the different phases it went through and I think it looks really cool. The way that I saw the texture is important because it's how I ended up drawing the piece. If I didn't see the different values and edges it wouldn't look the same as the piece of chocolate I was drawing.  If I did this project again I would try and slow down when it comes to shading the chocolate because like I said before it caused me the most trouble so I caught myself kind of rushing through that part of it. I'd also try harder in the last part of it and making the piece of chocolate look the same size as the other progression shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment