Monday, February 15, 2016

Final Fabric Drawing

I used several ranges of white value in this fabric drawing.  You can see in some places there is intense white and other places if fades out and where it is red that is where the dark values are.  My practice studies for value of the sheet helped in figuring out which medium I wanted to use but also how I could bring the fabric to life just by the pressure I used with my white pencil.  When I blended my pencil it created a whimsical feeling in the fabric.  Blending and transitions helped bring my fabric to life and make it look more realistic.  Since I saw the fabrics texture as being smooth, it ended up look smooth in my piece.  The way I see the fabric in my head is the way it came out on the paper.  I think if I recreated my piece, I would spend a little more time on the right side of the fabric and blending more into a softer white like I did on the left side to make it match.  I would also add some more folds and creases.

No comments:

Post a Comment