Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Practice/Final Contour Line Drawing


This was my practice.

This is my final contour line drawing of the art room.  I used a fluid line in this drawing, never picking up the pen.  I think you can tell it was a fluid line by the curves you can see in it and how nothing looks sketchy.  The practice studies really helped me create this piece because it jogged my memory on how to draw while not always looking at the piece of paper your drawing on.  You just look at the thing your drawing and the rest comes together.  You can tell that the drawing isn't like an outline because while you are drawing you are showing the details.  You can really tell in the figures I drew that detail in the jacket was done without simply outlining the body but putting details in like creases in the sweatshirt, while I was drawing it.  I needed to understand what a continuous line was to be successful in capturing the room.  I also need to know that there are different widths of lines that can make something look darker and show more depth in the drawing.  Also perspective played a huge role in the success of the drawing.  I learned from this drawing that it is very hard to not lift your pen from the paper and just going with the flow.  If I did this drawing again, I would try to fix the proportions on some of the objects I drew as well as make the ceiling look more realistic.  I would also probably try to draw more figures because I liked how they turned out in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment